One of the services that We Fit Windows and Doors provide is fitting porches. Below we’ve answered a few of our most frequently asked porch questions. If you’d like an answer to any other query, you can find our contact details to get in touch here.
Can Porches be Customised?
Yes, our porches are made to measure from a combination of brickwork and glazing and they are fully customisable. We will assist you to design your perfect porch and ensure that it will compliment your property. You can customise:
- The brickwork.
- The door – choose from our range of doors.
- The windows – choose from our range of windows.
- The glazing – including decorative glass designs, Georgian bars, obscure glass and lead effects.
- The roof – choose from pitched, gable end pitched, double hipped to wall, double hipped to ridge, single hipped and flat roof designs.
- The hardware – including handles, knockers and letterbox.
- The guttering and drainpipes.
- Further features – such as internal plaster work, steps, lighting and power points.
- Colours – We Fit, alongside our sister spray company, We Spray uPVC, can provide your door, windows and roofline in absolutely any colour, including dual colour options.
What are the Benefits of Porches?
- Porches are stylish focal points which can improve your property’s appearance.
- They are practical and provide extra space which comes in handy for storing items that would otherwise clutter your home.
- Our porches are fit with superior security hardware, including high security hinges and handles, multi-point locking systems and anti-snap cylinders. Porches add an extra layer of security to your property, deterring intruders from attempting to unlawfully gain access.
- The extra layer will improve energy efficiency by reducing draughts from entering your property via your front door.
Do Porches require Planning Permission?
You will not require planning permission for a porch so long as:
- The floor area of your porch will be less than 3m².
- The porch will not be within 2 metres of any boundary which fronts the highway.
What is Our Porch Installation Process?
- Contact us to arrange for one of our team to visit your property to discuss your requirements and to provide you with a free, no obligation quotation.
- Our experts will then carry out a detailed survey to ensure that your porch installation will run smoothly from start to finish.
- Your door, windows and roof will be manufactured and we will contact you to arrange an installation date.
- Our fitters will attend to build your porch and if required, they can dispose of your old porch for you.
- Your beautiful new porch will be guaranteed for 10 years from the date of installation.